Sunday, December 30, 2007

Mara's next tooth

You will have to forgive my lack of dental knowledge. If I knew the technical term for which tooth Mara lost I would try to sound all smart like and tell you, but I'm not all smart like so I'll just call it the tooth to the right of her big front tooth. Not that her front tooth is big or even bigger than it is supposed to be, but its big in that it is an adult tooth. (Although Mara is not yet an Adult so I am not certain how that really works.)

In the morning Mara comes and shows me a hole in her tooth. I am thinking, "great she has a cavity big enough to see...how much is that going cost?" But then she shows me and I realize the hole is under her tooth as she moves it around with her tongue. Then later that day we were playing Mario Party 8 with her friend Luke (lives next door) and in the middle of a challenge she turns to me, tooth now in hand, and tells me she just lost her tooth. Apparently, she was chewing on a vitamin while we were playing and that is what knocked the tooth the rest of the way out.

To make tooth loosing matters more interesting, Mara didn't put the tooth under her pillow. Instead, she hid it from everyone, including the tooth fairy, so that she could take it to school and get a little plastic tooth holder her teacher gives out when students loose teeth at school. We let her do this one time before and it led to her wearing her tooth to Awana, loosing her tooth and me making an extra trip to church to look for her tooth...which I found (thank you)! So, her tooth is now under her pillow...so if the tooth fair doesn't forget, she'll have a couple shiny quarters in the morning. Check out this new video.


2 comments:

MiMi said...

is there sound

JA Strecker said...

There is sound when I play it on my computer. Try updating you Quicktime and or flash plug ins