Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March 25, due date..

As time marches on, we are at another marker. March 25 was Kavannah's due date (40 weeks).

Jim reminds me that there never was a time when we really thought we would reach due date. He sort of does this 'Joey Tribiano' , "just forget 'bout it!"

But, it is the last date that we have on any of her ultra sound pictures. It was official to someone.

Kavannah, we miss you.

Mara had to do a project for fourth grade. The assignment was to come up with something that you could demonstrate or teach to your class (and food and paint were not allowed). Mara decided to make tie fleece baby blankets with her classmates. She decided that she wanted to do this and donate them to some place that would have babies that would need them. Her heart is so tender. She asked if she could take them back to St. Joe's (where we had Kav). Her thought was that there might be a baby born that did not have any blankets. Or maybe a baby that did not have anyone. Whew. I told her that I would consider it but might not be able to do it quite yet. We are also considering a Crisis Pregnancy center here in Kenosha. I wrestle through whether this is a faith step that I need to follow my lovely daughter back to Labor and Delivery so she can deliver her six blankets. Her middle name is Mercy...and I am abundantly proud of her.

Pray that I would be sensitive to what the Lord desires Mara to do...and me to do with this project.

This is the day that the Lord has made.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

"...let us rejoice and be glad in it."
Loving you and praying for you now and always.

Barb said...

Tell Mara how proud I am of her. What an amazing journey she has also had. It amazes me how kids can incorporate their experiences into action so much more quickly than we adults do.

I'll be praying that you can make a wise decision for yourself and also for Mara.

J. Story said...

Wow. What a girl. And might I add that she has quite a wonderful mom? I love you my dear friend. Jen