Sunday, February 7, 2010

a side note

Mara Mercy is our eldest daughter. This is one reality that made us breathe a deep prayer of gratitude. Mara was born prematurely because I had preeclampsia with HELLP syndrome. We both nearly died.

However, the amazing thing to contemplate was that Mara Mercy was born at 3 pounds 10 ounces and 16.25 inches long. She fought for every breath and today we have a beautiful nine year old who struggles to keep her room clean but lights up a room with her gentle smile & little giggle. How often do I take for granted that the Lord spared her life?

It was powerful to hold and caress Kavannah who was born and weighed 3 pounds 12 ounces and was 16 inches long. It certainly put our lives in perspective.

Never underestimate the seeds of gratitude and mercy that you have along the journey. For me, this is one.

6 comments:

G. Ihm said...

Megan and Jim, please accpet my sympathy. May God grant you abundant consolation and continued growth in faith, hope, and love.
Thank you for your great witness of faith and sacredness of life. I will continue to keep you in prayer as you recover from this loss.
God's Peace and Love,
Deacon Greg Ihm

Unknown said...

What a miraculous day that was. I am blessed beyond words as I remember.

Unknown said...

Maegan, I am blessed by your tender, transparent heart as you share your walk with us. What a poignant reminder you gave to be grateful for what God has given us! I remember Mara's birth, and how grateful we were that both you and she were OK. Now I'm going to go hug my boys and thank God for them!

Wendy Dean said...

Maegan and Jim,

It is with tear filled eyes that I read your last 2 posts. I'm not quite sure how this applies to you, but I think of the lyrics to the song "Strange Way to Save the World". In that song, Joseph asks questions like "Why here?" "Why her?" "Why me?" God picked a strange way to change the world. He picked a strange way to change you. But I have no doubt, that in His infinite wisdom, He will shape and mold you for even more effective ministry. Continuing to pray for you all.

Love,
Wendy

judywicklund said...

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you as you have the Memorial Service for sweet little Kavannah. We grieve with you in your loss. We know this journey will be a difficult one, but God is with you. Hugs to all. Judy & Dave

judywicklund said...

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you as you have the Memorial Service for sweet little Kavannah. We grieve with you in your loss. We know this journey will be a difficult one, but God is with you. Hugs to all. Judy & Dave