Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday Randoms

Here are some random thoughts. Pray for our family.

I do not like mastitis. And, I seem to not like the antibiotics either. Pray that my system would dry up my milk and that infection would be contained.

Asher chose this week to make his most productive days for potty training. It is wonderful but also might have been easier another 7-10 days from now. But, rejoice, he is doing great. And Mimi and Bahkah (grandpa) have made it very productive. Thank you!

We received a small refund check today from the IRS from our 2006 tax year. This is random but just makes me laugh at the absurdity of the timing. Apparently, if you over pay they can put it in a 2-3 year cd before returning it to you.

When someone has to say something over the phone about "your daughter's remains" I have realized that I get all prickly and despise the phrase.

In the New Testament there is a book called first Corinthians. Chapter 13:12. Today I emptied a sleeve of pictures that were in my purse from the end of January of Kavannah. The pictures were so vivid that it took my breath away. But, they were only 'mostly' accurate on all her facial structure. Then I was able to open up the pictures that we have from the day of her birth. The similarity was there but there was also a contrast. It made me think of this verse. Look it up ;) I wonder what everything looks like to Kavannah in all the clarity of being able to now SEE fully. Based on this, we are going to use a song called SEE by Steven Curtis Chapman in her memorial on Saturday.

And lastly, my mother in law smuggled a cauliflower here from her garden in California. This tidbit just made me laugh. One, because she did it. Two, because she talked her way out of having to pay extra for luggage weight by putting it in her carry on. And, three, that she told us the whole story. So, I guess the homeland security might need to be notified that the next bomb might be in garden produce not a shoe or an aresol canister.

Rumblings over and out!
m

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Your rumblings are welcome. Mastitis just seems unfair.
Praying! Praying! Love you guys.

Kelli Kaetterhenry said...

I love you, Maegan! I miss you so much! I am praying constantly for all of you and look forward to seeing you on Saturday -- although that seems a strange thing to say given the circumstances...

Love in Christ,
Kelli

Angela Anderson said...

Thanks for sharing Maegan! I love love love the way you express your thoughts. So honest. We will be praying for you on as the weekend comes...

Angela & Spencer Anderson